Monday, June 15, 2009

No Greater Joy

My mom had a picture that hung on her wall with this scripture:
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

Today my daughter Allison shared an amazing story with me that reminded me of that verse.

Let me share. Allison recently won tickets to the SonFest concert at Carowinds. She regularly listens to HisRadio and won them by calling in during a contest. The concert was on Saturday, June 13th. She was so excited about the concert and planned to spend the entire day at the amusement park with her husband Jon as a part of his birthday celebration. They arrived early and spent the entire day in the park. Late afternoon they headed over to the concert. Jon had his ticket, Allison reached into one pocket, then another, only to realize she had lost her ticket! She was so disappointed - but instead of just giving up and heading back to the amusements, she walked to up to one of many of the people working the event. Her conversation went something like this: "Sir, I had a ticket to the concert. Here is my husband's ticket, it's #17. My ticket was #16. I've lost it somewhere in this park. Is there anything I can do?" The gentleman, reached into his pocket and pulled out ticket #16!!!! Allison hugged him with much gratitude! Allison KNEW God was in the midst of that series of events.

As she shared this story with me, I was reminded of the verse above. I know how amazing it is when I see God work in my own life and love to share that with my children. But to see my children recognize God's work in their lives and share it with me....well, there is no greater joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment