Monday, September 16, 2013

Change

For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. (Isaiah 43:19)

I'm walking through a season of change.  I surely don't recall asking for it.  In fact, I was quite content.  Settling into the simple life that I had finally become content.

I awoke yesterday morning to find myself in a peculiar place.

A place that I no longer feel comfortable.  

The familiar seems distant.  

Unrecognizable.

The common everyday that I've known for so long is suddenly unraveled.

A misfit.

I'm in a foreign place.  

Unsettled.  

Uncomfortable.

Completely unexpected.

Lonely.

BUT GOD....  

In times like this I have learned the only solace I can find is in clinging to His truth: 
Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lordand he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. (Psalm 37:4-5)
Because I know Him, I will trust Him as He guides my steps.

Yes, I am a bit nervous.

Unsure of where He is leading me.

A little shaky as I take each step.

But, because I know Him, I will trust Him.

I. will. be. undaunted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment