Monday, March 21, 2011

My Question to God This Morning

Someone asked me this weekend "How do you do it?  You have been believing God for all these years for a restored marriage and there aren't any results after 13 years!  I'm ready to give up now!" 

Well it hasn't been easy and I want to share what happened with me just this morning.

I (for about the millionth time) asked God to "release" me from this stand - I was tired, couldn't see any results, wasn't sure it was really my promise, blah blah blah...BUT GOD

He spoke to me personally this morning....and here's what He asked me: Debbie, what are you going to do differently than you are doing right now? Are you going to just stop loving Darryl? Are you going to treat him with contempt because he's not "on board" with this marriage thing? Are you going to run ahead of Me and try to find something that you THINK you are missing?

My answer:  "No, Lord"...I wasn't going to do anything differently than I do right now.

Then He said to me:  Trust Me.  Trust that I have a plan and purpose for your life, continue to serve those that I have place in your path so that they too may find My love....focus on Me Debbie...not him, or your job or your money or anything else....seek Me first...then all these other things will be given to you.

He still amazes me.  How can I serve you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment